The perfect living room should be a space that is warm, cozy, and welcoming. It should be well decorated, but not overdone. A space that invites you to sit down and stay a while. Because it is one of the most used places in your home, it should be both functional and comfortable by providing organization that works for your family.
If you are tight on space, achieving these goals can seem impossible. Good news! It’s not! By using the right furnishings, the best colors, and a strong splash of light, you can make any tiny space both beautiful and functional.
1. If you have large windows, consider avoiding all window coverings completely to give the room as much natural light as possible.
2. A rug is a great way to define the space. This small apartment living room is pulled together with a bold black and white rug.
3. Mirrors always are make a small space look bigger, and a pop of color is a great way to add style to a small space. If you can get both in one piece, you’re officially a style rockstar.
4. Take the furniture away from the wall. It’s always instinct to put the furniture against the wall in order to maximize floor space, but in a small space, it almost always looks better to place the furniture in the middle of the room in a more cozy arrangement.
5. Keep lines simple. If you’re going to go with a larger piece of furniture, keep the silhouette simple and sleek with straight lines and muted colors.
6. Move the furniture. There are a lot more ways to arrange furniture than you may realize, even in a small space. Start with your largest piece first, and then add additional elements around it.
7. If you have tall ceilings and tiny floor space, decorate up with tall curtains, an oversized accent piece and vertical art.
8. This space makes great use of both floating shelves and lighting, which are great ways to add a beautiful decorative element without taking up a lot of space.
9.If a sectional or full-size sofa is too big for your space, consider alternative types of furniture like chairs and love seats that fit more easily without sacrificing seating
10. Don’t be afraid of color, even in a small space. A great color scheme and bright pops of style can completely transform a basic living room into a super chic space.